Unfortunately, I will not attend the Licensing International Expo. event this year. But, my colleague and rockstar lawyer I profiled last year, Pamela Deese, will.
More importantly, she will be presenting on the topic of Social media and Licensors. It is an event I think Licensors, Licensees and interested parties should attend.
Read on to find out why:
Event: SPLICE Licensor Summit
Date: Monday, June 11.
Here is the gist of what Deese will discuss:
Deese will suggest best practices for Licensors including assessing risk by examining their licensees’ use of their IP and asking:
• Do your license agreements address social media? Approvals? Limitations?
• Do your licensees discuss or disclose their social media plans as part of their marketing strategy?
• Do you monitor licensee use of your IP online?
• Do you guide your licensees in appropriate uses?
In order to reduce risk, Licensors will be advised to:
• Create clear and relevant guidelines for the use and appearance of all intellectual property
• Ask for representative samples of advertising online, radio, print and television and give meaningful and timely feedback
• Survey the landscape regarding what your licensees are doing with your brand
FOR MORE DETAILS, CLICK HERE.
NOTE: To keep up with me, find me on www.ebitulawgrp.com/blog or better yet, follow me on twitter: @uduaklaw.