Once upon a time, Fashion Law was an obscure concept. Now, it is fast becoming not only a recognized practice area but quite competitive. There are a lot more legal professionals and law students alike interested in the field and many fashion law conferences springing up around the country. We also now have two recognized fashion law institutes both in the West and East Coast respectively.
For you the future law student wanting to be a fashion lawyer or current lawyer looking to finally pursue your passion for fashion and the law, it is time to roll your sleeves and really learn what fashion lawyers do, and of course earn MCLE credits, which is always a good thing.
Here are my top 6 Noteworthy fashion law conferences to attend this 2014.
1. U.C. Hastings Fashion Law Symposium – Feb. 28th, 2014 (All Day)
(Disclaimer: I am a Hastings Alum and will also speak at this event)
2. Fashion Law Week DC Fashion Law Conference – Feb 25th-March 2nd, 2014
3. Loyola Marrymount’s Fashion Law Institute Symposium – March 22nd, 2014.
(Disclaimer: I, unfortunately will not make this event, but I am part of the Fashion Law Adjunct Faculty)
4. The JMLS Fashion Law Symposium – March 28th, 2014
5. Fordham’s Fashion Law Institute Symposium – April 4th, 2014
6. Cardozo Fashion Law Conference – This is a semi-annual event – Dates for 2014 are yet to be announced.
By the way, the New York City Bar has had, for many years now, a Fashion Law conference of its own. When I was looking to rub fashion law minds with fellow fashion law practitioners and obtain more best practices information, the NY City Bar was where I turned to, back in 2006, during the inauguration of the conference.
Any follow up questions on this post, feel free to email me at (firstname.lastname@example.org). I am very busy so please allow a little time to get to you.