Aha! I made you look. You are also probably wondering what Ms. Uduak Oduok, Esq. and Ms. Staci Riordan, Esq.’s names are doing next to worldwide personal brand names like Led Zeppelin and Paris Hilton? A whole lot. Beyond doing my remix of the headlines from Billboard Magazine, which I will send you on your way to to read soon, Staci and I will converge in Las Vegas, June 14th to16th, for The World’s Brand & Property Marketplace LICENSING International Expo. We have been invited in pseudo legal bloggers/journalists capacities to meet some of the world’s top brands as well as share our thoughts and observations, legally speaking, with the online world.
Here are a few things to note about the event.
- It’s like the Cannes Film Festival, only this time for licensing
- Last year there were 21,000 pre-registered attendees
- It is not unusual to have 91 Countries represented
- Or almost 400 Exhibitors; or
- Over 5,000 brands
- Plus, it is all about dealmaking with the most powerful brand licensing companies all under one roof folks! We are talking really serious business here folks.
As a newbie attendee who is now officially stoked since we are getting closer to the event date, I can’t wait to soak up all things legally related. Some sexy licensing seminars I intend to check on:
- Anatomy of a Licensing Agreement
- Licensing Your Brand in the International Market
- Working with Licensing Agents and Consultants
- How the Digital World is Changing Licensing Forever
- Building Sports Brand Licensing
- Branding for Success in Art Licensing
- Advanced Licensing Strategies
- The Ins And Outs of Clearances . . .Celebrities And More
- Issues in Sourcing and Manufacturing
- Hot Trends in Interactive
- The Licensee Survival Guide to Licensing
Did I ever answer that question of what Led Zeppelin and Paris Hilton are doing in the same sentence with Fashion & Entertainment Attorneys Uduak Oduok and Staci Riordan?
Our personal brands all converge at this event and I trust it will be great times both intellectually, legally speaking of course; and socially.
“By Alex Ben Block, THR
John Wayne has been dead since 1979 and Led Zeppelin disbanded in 1980, yet both hope to find new life in Las Vegas beginning June 14.
That’s when the actor and the legendary band will be packaged and promoted with new product offerings, fresh merchandise and line extensions as part of the 31st Licensing International Expo, presented by Advanstar and the trade group LIMA.
They will be among more than 6,000 brands — from Barbie dolls to Paris Hilton to My Fair Wedding host David Tutera — that 400 exhibitors (including 150 first-timers) hope will appeal to retail and manufacturing executives from more than 90 countries who are part of the $187 billon global licensing industry.
John Wayne Enterprises, now run by the star’s 49-year-old son Ethan, will be there pitching a strategic campaign to extend the Duke’s brand worldwide with a range of products that include collectibles, books, gifts, novelties, food products and an upcoming auction of his personal and professional possessions.
“We had done things like guns, knives and saddles over the years,” says Ethan Wayne, “but now we are taking a new look at the John Wayne brand. . . “
Billboardbiz has the full story.
Photocredit: Kaitlin Mattingly/Retail Camp